Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oriental Medicine: Part 4

To give a little update on the oriental medicine/acupuncture, it has been working quite well.  I will admit that a few days I was really wondering if it was working because I had one day where I had bad heartburn and felt really fatigued.  However, I was very impressed when I went in for a treatment that day.  I couldn't translate to tell him the issue since I didn't have my phone in my hand, but all he did was check my pulse and asked to look at my tongue and he said "no energy".  I don't know what "mapping" he did for the needles that day but it certainly gave quick results!

The one main thing I noticed with acupuncture is that it takes away any stress.  When I'm done, I often feel like I just finished a yoga session -- calm, relaxed, and tired.

I did ask him about getting treatment for seasonal allergies, but the procedures involves sticking a needle into the side of your nostril, moving it a bit, and then taking it out then do the other side.  It then causes the nose to bleed, so you blow all the blood out.  I would've had to do that procedure 10 times over 10 days (like this treatment).  Needless to say, I turned that one down.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool. I've heard a lot of good things about acupuncture. You wouldn't think that sticking needles in your body would be a good thing, but apparently -- at least for some people -- it seems to work well.

    ReplyDelete