Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oriental Medicine - Part 2

I went in for my second session on Tuesday.  It was predominantly the same procedure as Monday by involving both heat and acupuncture,  but the needles were placed in different areas.  The first time it felt like the needles were placed in positions that influenced different digestive organs.  It was a little weird feeling at times, but it felt good over time of them being there.  I was actually excited about going in for my second treatment.  This time I'm not quite sure what kind of "map" he used to place the needles but I can say that they were definitely placed in more tender areas and I was a little bit sore in spots afterward.  It felt like perhaps it just really hit some muscles that are a little of "out of wack".

I actually didn't go in yesterday because of my schedule.  That's one of the interesting things about Korea and doctors: There are no appointments.  You just walk in whenever you have the time in your schedule.  Of course, if it is something critical then you need to go in according to a certain schedule but for the most part they are pretty relaxed about it.  And the best thing is -- for not having an appointment, so far I have spent less time waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment