Monday, April 2, 2012

My attempt at oriental medicine

Yesterday, I gave in and decided to make an attempt at oriental medicine.  For anybody who is reading this and can read Hangul (Korean text), you will already know what it says on the bottle.  For those that can't (which I'm sure is the majority) at the top it reads: Herbal Remedy for IBS.  After trying to manage and cope with this for a few years with worsening and spontaneous attacks despite watching diet. Going to any traditional doctor has told me (and likely anyone else with this) to "watch your diet", but I've found that this is never consistent, as any little thing can throw it off.  After feeling the desire to almost give up eating, I've decide to give this a shot.
The treatment is supposed to take only 10 visits, which the doctor told me I can just come in 10 in a row whenever I am able to.  The treatment involves: heat, acupuncture, massage (mechanical), and herbal medicine.  I have to take 20 of these little herbal pills after each meal, 3 times a day.  If my stomach is unsettled yet, I can increase up to 30 pills after the meal.  I'm not exactly sure what herbs they are (since it's all Korean), but its a mixture of several.
The total cost for 10 days of treatment?  Only W47,000, which is about $45 so whether it works or not I felt it'd be a good experience and definitely worth a try for such a price.  Crossing my fingers that I have at least an improvement if not quite a "cure".

No comments:

Post a Comment